Here you will find background information as a PDF for download. Taking into account different internal and external scientific sources, selected topics from the fields of medicine, technology and digitalizing healthcare are explained in detail.
Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers worldwide to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience and digitalizing healthcare. A leader in medical technology, Siemens Healthineers is constantly innovating its portfolio of products and services in its core areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging and in laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine. Siemens Healthineers is also actively developing its digital health services and enterprise services.
In fiscal 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €13.7 billion and adjusted profit of €2.5 billion and has about 48,000 employees worldwide.
Multitom Rax – Siemens Healthineers Twin Robotic X-ray system transforms care delivery in radiology
- Variable uses in radiography, orthopedics, angiography, fluoroscopy and trauma imaging
- Robotic arms allow tube and detector to be precisely positioned, enabling various body areas to be X-rayed in 3D under natural weight condition for the first time
- Examinations without painful transfers, and the flexible access improve patient experience
Siemens Healthineers Breast Tomosynthesis is setting new standards in early breast cancer detection
- Breast tomosynthesis is a refinement of mammography
- The quality of breast tomosynthesis images depends on the tube angulation and the number of projections, and differs greatly within the industry
- Siemens Healthineers High Definition Breast Tomosynthesis offers the widest tomo angle currently available (50 degree) and the largest number of projections
- High Definition Breast Tomosynthesis increases breast cancer detection rates, improves diagnostic accuracy, and thus expands precision medicine
- The new mammography system Mammomat Revelation improves patient experience due to individual compression adjustments and faster diagnoses
Artificial intelligence: Transforming data into knowledge for better care
- Inspired by neural structures in the human brain, Deep Learning is creating previously unimagined opportunities in data analysis
- Digitalizing healthcare and combining the power of artificial intelligence can help healthcare providers remain competitive despite shortages of skilled staff and increasing imaging scan volumes
- Siemens Healthineers provides trained algorithms that could make work processes faster and easier for radiologists in the face of time pressure and complex cases
- As the volume and complexity of data increase – from multiple sources and across disciplinary boundaries – AI solution of Siemens Healthineers could help the entire clinical process
Siemens Healthineers Digital Ecosystem for fast and easy access to actionable insights
- Arterys, Explorer Surgical, Heartflow, Materialise , mediCAD Hectec, Mint Medical, Pie Medical Imaging, Stroll Health and SyntheticMR integrated into Siemens Healthineers Digital Ecosystem
- Variety of deployment and access modes supported through Siemens Healthineers Digital Ecosystem
Performance through Partnership: Asset Management Services
- Asset Management Services provide a flexible and specialized partnership to transform care delivery
- Management of all medical equipment concerns throughout the entire contract life-time
- Reduced financial and operational risks
How Cinematic Volume Rendering Technique brings a new view to clinical imaging
An overabundance of data from various imaging procedures, rising patient numbers, and increasing pressure on costs are just some of the challenges faced by healthcare providers. Every effort is being made to keep workflows as simple and efficient as possible to avoid losing sight of what really matters: the patient. Rapid delivery of three-dimensional results is now possible thanks to a new version of the Syngo.via diagnostic software. Syngo.via VB20 is easy to use and provides customized fast access to individual user preferences. The software assistant manages diagnostic findings to make all relevant data immediately available. A few clicks are all it takes to display the given case on the monitor, presenting photorealistic images of unprecedented clarity of the human body with the Cinematic Volume Rendering Technique (Cinematic VRT) available on Syngo.via VB20.
Early detection of lung cancer using low-dose CT screening
Early detection of diseases plays a key role in improving care, while at the same time harbouring potential cost-cutting opportunities. Promising developments are on the horizon in the early detection of lung cancer. With 1.6 million deaths each year, lung cancer is by far the most frequent gender-independent cause of cancer mortality worldwide. This is because the symptoms generally do not emerge until an advanced stage, when the chances of recovery are very low – particularly where metastasis has already occurred. At present, only 15 percent of patients survive beyond five years following a positive diagnosis. Probability of survival, and in particular patient recovery rates, improve significantly when lung carcinomas are detected at an early stage.
Value-based healthcare to efficient use of data
Healthcare providers face the challenge of offering the best possible care to their patients in spite of limited budgets. The concept of "value-based healthcare" compares successful treatment for an individual patient with spending on such treatment.
Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Healthineers
Chief Financial Officer, Siemens Healthineers
Member of Executive Management, Siemens Healthineers